Thompson School District is proud to celebrate 2017 National Teacher Appreciation Week, May 7-13. All this week, we are featuring photos and inspirational words submitted by students and families throughout the district.
Teacher: Kendra Larson
School: Coyote Ridge Elementary
Kendra Larson from Coyote Ridge Elementary School is amazing. There are so many reasons we love Kendra Larson. Here are a few:
- She connects with children in a unique and special way that makes each child an independent and confident learner. This is the first year my child hasn’t cried through homework. This is also the first year we haven’t needed a tutor to help with information learned in the classroom.
- I have watched Kendra Larson interact with her students several times in a loving manner, but also in a way that demands respect and attention. The way they respond to her is inspiring to watch.
- She goes the extra mile for her children, inspiring them to organize and speak out for what they want. She organized a field trip to see a Rockies baseball game. When administration questioned if this trip would be appropriate and educational, she had the kids think of ideas and express those ideas in a way that showed they were dedicated to learning.
- She took 50 kids to a Rockies game in Denver. If this doesn’t deserve some special award I don’t know what does.
- I watched her buy a child food that didn’t have any money.
- I have seen her take a sweatshirt she was wearing off to let a child use who wasn’t feeling well.
Please consider showing Kendra Larson the admiration she deserves. I am forever grateful for what she has done for my children.