Did you know that Thompson School District partners with Front Range Community College and Aims Community College to offer several opportunities for students to earn college credit while in high school? Check out the classes offered below.
:: These are yearlong classes offered to juniors and seniors to earn high school credit with the option of receiving college credit. Classes take place at Front Range Community College in Fort Collins or Aims Community College in a classroom with other high school students. All tuition is paid by Thompson School District. Students may see their high school counselor for more registration details.
Select from different career and technical options from Front Range Community College:
- Animal Technology & Research
- Architectural, Landscape, and Interior Design
- Automotive Technology & Service
- Computer Careers Exploration with Computer Networking Certification
- Criminal Justice Careers Exploration
- Culinary Arts
- Holistic Health with Yoga Teacher Certification
- Medical Careers Exploration
- Practical Mechanics
- Welding & Metal Fabrication
- Wildlife, Forestry, & Natural Resources
Select from different career and technical options from Aims Community College:
- Graphic Design (located at Career Academy in Loveland)
HIGH SCHOOL SELECT
:: Classes are taught by high school teachers who meet faculty requirements at a Colorado college.Thompson School District will cover all tuition costs for students, but students are responsible for textbooks, fees, and course materials. Students may see their high school counselor for more registration details.
Courses offered at each high school include:
:: Students attend classes on the campus of either Front Range Community College (FRCC) or Aims Community College (Aims CC) with other college students. They are expected to meet all college-level course/testing prerequisites. Thompson School District will cover all tuition costs for students, but students are responsible for textbooks, fees, and course materials. Students may connect with their high school counselor for more registration details.
- Certified Nurse Aid Health Care Skills (NUA 101) at FRCC Loveland
- Nurse Aid Clinical Experience (NAU 170) at FRCC Loveland
- HVAC-Basic Electricity (HVA 103) at FRCC Loveland
- Electrical Components Air Conditioning & Refrigeration (HVA 104) at FRCC Loveland
- Fire Science at Aims CC
- Any class that aligns with student’s ICAP
For more course information be sure to check the All Grades Course Guidebook.